- I would chose donuts over cupcakes any day. Unless they are filled with jelly. Then I would chose starvation.
- I don't want to admit it, but I am going to have to break down and buy a Tervis.
- Binder clips might be my favorite office supply. And yes, I have Vera Bradley ones.
- Speaking of our dear friend Vera, Macy's is now carrying her products. Overexposure?
- Don't ask me, "Are you having fun yet?" at work. There is no room for that sarcastic inquiry in my professional life.
- I cannot determine how I really feel regarding the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. This is why I simply donated and posted Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" video instead.
- I finally jumped on the Alex and Ani bandwagon. I got the monogrammed B and the pineapple. Next up will be an H and a G so that the B isn't lonely.
- I am experiencing stress and anxiety daily. Feel free to tell me to calm myself down and remind me that this too shall pass.
- My playlist on Spotify for driving is called "Vega$," because that is the name of my car. I add new songs to it weekly and delete the songs that have been overplayed. Here are a few of what I have been playing heavily: "Chillin" by Wale, "Nirvana" by Sam Smith, "Mess is Mine" by Vance Joy, "Shake it Out" by Florence & the Machine, and "You and Tequila" by Kenny Chesney.
- Paper Mate's InkJoy pens are actual joy.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer ($20) is my new favorite beauty product. Not only does it conceal my
adult acnefacial issues, but it doubles as a fantastic base for eye shadow. The MAC 195 Concealer Brush ($24) is also pretty great.
- My house is for sale/rent. Help.
- Casey's Pizza in Turtle Creek has the best Italian Hoagie that I have had in a very long time. It's perfection on a bun.
- Someone should buy me a set of monogrammed copper mugs for Moscow Mules. Take note.
- I literally used to make fun of people who inappropriately overused the word "literally," with their every other word literally being "literally." And now, it has backfired literally because I literally cannot stop using "literally."
- I have tried about fifteen different dry shampoos. Suave has the best, with a lightweight effect and a light scent. Oh, and it's cheap!
- I think that I am going to share more recipes on The Steel Trap.
- Red Bull. It gives me wings.
- Nude hosiery. Just say no.
- Smile at a stranger. You never know how much it may mean.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
I've said it before, and I'll say it probably 800 more times. Some stuff isn't meant to have its own post, yet should be posted. So here is the latest list... twenty things on my mind on the twentieth of August.