Monday, June 9, 2014

The First World Problems Of HGB & MAB cont.

Since the last seventeen posts of this nature, I have been accumulating many contributions from family and friends in addition to the ones that MAB and me experience on our own. This particular list piled up quite quickly, which begs the question: Is life in the first world getting to be too hard for us?

As always, you should know that anything posted on facebook and Twitter is totally fair game. It's just too easy for me to pluck your first world problems from there and drop them here on The Steel Trap. Note: Just because these are written in first person point of view, doesn't mean that they are mine. Or does it? You decide.
  • I thought I broke my external hard drive until I realized I had it plugged into my Ethernet port. #blessed 
  • How do people even live without pedicures? 
  • Only 3 of the 20 pics that my husband took with his iPhone are showing up in his Photo Stream. Why? 
  • The homily at church was not a homily. It was a missionary talking about her work. I feel like I got cheated, especially since two offerings were collected: one for the church and one for the missionary. 
  • The Squirrel Hill Tunnels closed for an entire weekend, thus immobilizing my neighborhood (and me) because the main thoroughfare was the detour route. My street runs parallel and the amateurs decided to use it to "beat the traffic." 
  • As much as I have changed and readjusted the privacy settings on my facebook page, one particular person (of whom I didn't want to "unfriend") keeps finding ways to "like" my photos that he/she isn't supposed to see. 
  • I tried to go to the tanning bed to even out my tan lines, only to find that it had changed locations. When I went to find the new location, I got stuck in traffic. 
  • I forgot my pretzels at home today, so I'm hungry (the banana and yogurt weren't enough). Now I am walking to CVS to get pretzels. 
  • Please for the love of God, stop sending me Candy Crush invites every five minutes. 
  • The rain is ruining my driving outfit. 
  • Bath & Body Works changed the shape of their Hand Soap pumps, which means that they changed the shape of their Hand Soap pump holders. Now I have to buy FIVE new Hand Soap pump holders for my three bathrooms (one has a dual sink) and my kitchen. 
  • I forgot to arrange for a ride when I dropped off my car to get inspected. No one would pick me up so I had to walk home (in my boat shoes), which took an hour. And then I literally had to ice my feet. Literally.  
  • I used a credit card for a $1.03 purchase because I didn't want the $.97 in change. 
  • My iPhone Twitter app will not load articles unless I disconnect from my wifi. 
  • I ate five hours ago and just woke up starving. 
  • I binge watched the entire second season of Orange is the New Black in three days and now I have to wait a whole year for the third season to come out. 
  • I hadn't run the dishwasher in a long time and ran out of silverware. I had to eat my dinner with a Mickey Mouse toddler fork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment