Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's A Bit Hoppy

I'll be honest. I know nothing about beer other than knowing what I like, and a few tidbits from the one time I attended Pittsburgh Cultural Trust Craft Beer School. However, I do know quite a lot about things that are fun and interesting; and Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week, " the first annual celebration of great local beer in the Steel City" sounds like it will be both fun and interesting! Running for a week (04/20-04/28), this event hits an impressive amount of locations (Cain's, HofbrÀuhaus, Mad Mex, Sharp Edge, Burgatory, Fuel & Fuddle, D's Six Pax & Dogz, Church Brew Works, Rivertowne Pour House, Birmingham Bridge Tavern, Smokin' Joes, Piper's Pub, NOLA on the Square, and Bites 'N Brews to name a few) with a variety of activities (tastings, samplings, happy hours, etc.). Check ahhhht the full calendar by clicking here. Needless to say, I hope that Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week turns ahhhht to be successful, because I think it would be a cool, new tradition (just like Pittsburgh Restaurant Week) for our city!

(printed with permission)

Also, if you are into the whole craft beer thing, Untappd is "a new way to socially share your favorite beers, as well as where you're enjoying it, with your friends." In other words, it's Twitter for serious beer drinkers. I'm intrigued to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment