Sunday, August 21, 2011

Get It Before It's Gone!

One of my favorite things about the summer season is corn; and based on the popularity of farmers' markets and farm stands, I am not alone. Naturally, Mad Mex capitalizes on this local corn-fever epidemic every summer with a special menu featuring all things corn. If you haven't tried anything on this special menu yet, you had better move quickly. I suspect it will be gone by Labor Day.


My pick for a Happy Hora treat (besides the beverages)? For just a few dollars, try the "Grilled Corn on the Cob." I've had grilled corn on the cob at fairs and festivals that was served with just butter; and Mad Mex does a nice job with taking this concept to the next level. Although it's a little on a messy side, the flavors are quite tantalizing and it's just enough food for an afternoon snack.



Oakland location
Mad Mex (Oakland) on Urbanspoon

Shadyside location
Mad Mex (Shadyside) on Urbanspoon

(3 stars, 3/4)

No comments:

Post a Comment