Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Pusadee's Garden

Dahhhn in Lawrenceville in the 5300 block, sits a little oasis of a restaurant called Pusadee's Garden. Upon arrival, I was ready to give it 4/4 stars on outdoor ambiance alone; and if you look at the pictures on the website, you'll see what I mean. With the perfect breeze wafting through the garden dining area, colorful umbrellas dotting the skyscape, and twinkling lanterns aglow, Pusadee's Garden is quite romantic and intimate. If Puck peeked around the corner, I would not have been surprised.


I don't eat Thai food very often; and admittedly, I am easy to please within this genre. I ordered the Tempura Vegetables (sweet potatoes and squash) and Chicken Satay, which were delicious. TLF let me try her Shrimp Salad, which was also tasty and topped with a notably nice vinaigrette dressing. I also sampled the Garlic Chicken, which was very good as well. Of the seven people in our party, everyone was pleased. DJF was brought the wrong order... an 8 on the spicy scale (with levels of 1-10), when he ordered a 3; but it was quickly remedied and we shared a few laughs by tasting it to determine if he was being overly dramatic or not. When I tried the 8, I got slightly lightheaded so I think my spicy comfort zone is probably between 3-5.

Note: Although I did not have dessert (a Cotton Candy Cosmo at Savoy later in the evening took that spot), the coconut ice cream came highly recommended.

Lastly, I want to note that the service was great (other than the spicy mix-up). My water glass was refilled several times without me noticing (which was key once I had tried the "8"); our BYOB white wine was placed on ice and glasses were supplied immediately; and the waitstaff was very helpful and friendly.

Summer is my livelihood; and I will be back within a week to experience another midsummer night's dream.

Pusadee's Garden on Urbanspoon

(3 stars, 3/4)

No comments:

Post a Comment